We’ve all had those days where our brain just won’t stop. The thoughts are flying around and it’s hard to focus on anything at all. Whether you’re facing a big deadline, having trouble concentrating in a loud office, or trying to get through an afternoon of work with your toddler running around: there are times when we need more of a boost than usual to focus.
Prayers For Focus
1. Dear God, I wish to be focused and achieve the things I want in my life.
Dear God, I wish to be focused and achieve the things I want in my life.
I want to focus on what I want to achieve in my career.
I want to focus on what I want to do in my career.
I will work hard towards achieving this goal of being focused and not letting distractions get in the way of me achieving my goals.
2. Lord, I pray that you would help me to use the time You have given me wisely.
Lord, I pray that you would help me to use the time You have given me wisely.
I know that You are all-powerful and that there is nothing too hard for you.
I believe, God!
3. Help me to focus on what is important and let go of what is not essential in my life.
- Focus on what is important and let go of what is not essential in your life.
- Focus on your goal, not on other people’s priorities.
- Don’t worry about what other people are doing or what they think about it, because it’s none of your business anyway!
4. Lord, I ask for Your help as I learn new skills and try to do better in my studies.
- Ask for help from God (and His Son, Jesus).
- Ask for help from the Holy Spirit.
- Ask for help from angels, your guardian angel, and your spirit guides.
- Ask for help from your ancestors who are watching over you.
5. Help me to be focused as I try and master new material.
God, you are my focus. Help me to be focused as I try and master new material. Help me to focus on one thing at a time and not try to do too much at once. You know how easily distracted I can be so please help me keep my mind on what is important while working through this project. If there is something else that needs taken care of either get someone else who can do it or take care of it yourself but give yourself the opportunity to finish this task before moving on to anything new. I trust that you will guide me through this process so let’s get started!
6. Give me determination as I study could you help me to stay focused?
I need your help to stay focused. I have a lot of work to do and many distractions. Please help me to focus on one thing at a time. Give me determination as I study. Help me know what to do, when, and how so that I can get it done quickly without any wasted time or effort. Thank you for helping me accomplish my goals!
7. Lord, sometimes my mind seems all over the place. Please help me to focus on one thing at a time in your name, Amen.
Sometimes my mind seems all over the place. Please help me to focus on one thing at a time in your name, Amen.
8. These prayers for focus can help with whatever goal you have in mind
These prayers for focus can help with whatever goal you have in mind.
- Pray for strength and guidance to finish a project or complete a task. You may need to ask God for help getting through your workday as you take care of yourself and others, but He is there to support you every step of the way.
- Pray for peace when it seems like things are too much or too overwhelming. God wants us to be okay with doing our best, even if we don’t make all A’s on our report cards or get into Harvard Law School. He loves us just as we are—and that includes our imperfections!
If you’re looking for ways to improve your focus, start by making sure you don’t have anything that could distract you. Turn off notifications on your phone and laptop, place them in another room when possible, or at least shut out all distractions by wearing headphones if necessary. Also, consider avoiding caffeine until after noon because it may make it harder for some people to concentrate later in the day.