Prayer against pride : Pride is one of the most common and destructive sins in the world. It is a sin that can easily take root in our hearts and lead us away from God’s will for our lives. Pride can manifest in many ways, such as arrogance, boasting, and self-righteousness. It can also lead to envy, anger, and a lack of compassion towards others. However, the good news is that God is faithful and just to forgive us when we confess our sins and turn away from them. In this article, we will explore a powerful prayer against pride, and some Bible verses that can help us to overcome this sin.
- Proverbs 16:18 – “Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.”
- James 4:6 – “But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: ‘God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.'”
- Philippians 2:3 – “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves.”
- Proverbs 11:2 – “When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.”
- Matthew 23:12 – “For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”
- Isaiah 66:2 – “These are the ones I look on with favor: those who are humble and contrite in spirit, and who tremble at my word.”
Powerful Prayer Against Pride:
Dear Heavenly Father, I come before you today humbly, recognizing that pride is a sin that separates me from your will for my life. Lord, I confess that I have allowed pride to take root in my heart and that it has caused me to look down on others, to boast in my accomplishments, and to reject the wisdom of others. Lord, I ask for your forgiveness for my prideful thoughts and actions.
Lord, I recognize that pride is an obstacle to my relationship with you and with others. I ask that you would remove this sin from my heart and help me to cultivate a spirit of humility. Lord, teach me to value others above myself, to listen to the wisdom of others, and to seek your will above my own desires.
Lord, I pray that you would give me the strength to resist the temptation to exalt myself and to trust in your plan for my life. Help me to see myself as you see me, as a sinner in need of your grace and mercy. Lord, I pray that you would fill me with your Holy Spirit, that I may be guided by your wisdom and love.
Lord, I pray that you would help me to recognize the signs of pride in my life and to resist them. Give me the courage to admit my faults and to seek forgiveness when I have wronged others. Lord, I pray that you would help me to be a person of humility, grace, and compassion.
Lord, I know that pride is a sin that can only be overcome with your help. I pray that you would grant me the strength to overcome this sin and to live a life that glorifies you. Lord, I thank you for your love and mercy, and I pray all of these things in the name of your son, Jesus Christ. Amen.
Pride is a sin that can easily take root in our hearts and lead us away from God’s will for our lives. However, through prayer and the guidance of the Holy Spirit, we can overcome this sin and cultivate a spirit of humility. We must recognize that pride is an obstacle to our relationship with God and with others, and we must seek his forgiveness and guidance to overcome it. As we pray against pride