Every day, we make choices that either bring us closer to God or move us further away. Though these decisions may appear minor, they bear the weight of eternity.
As Christians struggling against the pull of sin and temptation, we must learn to use our time wisely and not be negligent in how we live out our faith. We should be good stewards of our time and skills, remembering that one day we will stand before God to account for how we used these gifts (Matthew 25:14-30).
When life gets busy and schedules are packed, it’s easy to neglect the things that are most important. In times like this it is especially important for believers to seek God’s wisdom and guidance so that even in the midst of chaos, their priorities remain intact.
Powerful Prayers For Daily Neglects
1. Prayer for Deliverance from Sins of Neglect
- Pray for deliverance from sin.
- Pray for God’s forgiveness and mercy.
- Pray to experience His grace in your life.
- Ask Him to guide you on the right path, and protect you from evil forces that might try to harm you or the ones whom you love.
2. Prayer for Restoration of Your Lost Years
Prayer for Restoration of Your Lost Years
I come before you today with humbleness. I pray that you will restore my lost years and help me to make up for all the time that has been stolen from me by my selfish sinfulness. I do not deserve such grace, but since your mercy is without end, please grant it to me now. Amen
3. Prayer for Grace to Overcome Neglectful Habits
- List of habits that are harmful:
- Drinking alcohol
- Eating unhealthy food
- List of habits that are helpful:
- Eating fruits and vegetables daily
- How to overcome harmful habits:
- Pray for God’s help in overcoming the habit. Ask Him to give you strength, wisdom, and grace when it comes to this particular area of your life. He will certainly hear your prayer! As you pray for the Lord’s guidance and assistance, know that He has already given those things to you; all you need do is ask for them specifically. The Bible says “and whatever we ask we receive from Him because we keep His commandments,” (1 John 3). If you believe this passage is true then it means our prayers should never fail us if they’re based on His Word! We have permission from God Himself through His Word (the Bible), so why would we doubt our ability? That doesn’t mean just praying once will instantly change everything overnight though—it may take time depending on what type of habit or addiction we’re dealing with—but keep praying until victory comes! Sometimes God wants us to go through difficult seasons before He delivers us (Romans 5:3) but if our hearts are right with Him then there’s no reason why He shouldn’t answer our requests swiftly (James 4:2). So keep praying until victory comes! It could be today…or it could be ten years from now depending on how deep into sin/addiction/neglectful behavior someone has gone down during their lifetime thus far; either way I promise things WILL get better eventually IF YOU PERSIST IN YOUR FAITHFULNESS TO GOD AND HIS WORD EVEN WHEN IT SEEMS LIKE THERE’S NO HOPE FOR YOU ANYMORE!”
4. Prayer for Grace to Make the Right Choices In Life
These prayers for daily neglect are powerful, but they can’t do the work for you. Only you can make the right choices in life. It’s a process, but with these prayers and some self-awareness, you can take control of your life again.
With these prayers as a guide, try to think about how you’re living each day and consider if there are any areas where you might be making bad decisions or letting yourself down. Then ask God to help put things right by giving it some thought and using this list of prayers as a resource when needed.
5. Lord, I pray that You will release me from the consequences of neglecting my life. Help me not to be negligent with the opportunities that I have. I confess and repent of my sins.
Lord, I pray that You will release me from the consequences of neglecting my life. Help me not to be negligent with the opportunities that I have.
I confess and repent of my sins. My first sin is that I have been negligent for many years in not using my gifts and talents for Your glory. In some cases, this has included a general failure to pursue anything at all in life; in other cases, it has included neglecting relationships with others or not seeking out opportunities to serve You or others more effectively. I am sorry for my sins against You! Forgive me!
My second sin is that when faced with difficult choices in life (or even how such choices might impact our future), I have often chosen what seemed easiest at the time over what would serve Your purposes best—and this has led me down paths that were ultimately harmful rather than helpful (even though they may have seemed so initially). Forgive me! Restore me back into right relationships with You and others through Jesus Christ our Lord!
With so many powerful prayers to choose from, it’s sometimes hard to know where to start. We hope this list of five prayers for daily neglect will help you find the one that works for you. Even if it’s not all you need in every moment. But remember: there is no such thing as a perfect prayer that works for everyone, and even the best ones can be difficult when we are at our lowest points. If you feel like something else might work better, don’t worry about it—just keep trying until one fits your needs!