If your little one is starting school for the first time, you may well be experiencing a whole range of emotions. You’re probably excited for them and proud of all that they’ve achieved so far in life – but you may also be feeling a little concerned about them too. After all, as much as we’d like to believe it, not everyone is kind and some people can be cruel at times. In addition to this, there are constantly new challenges being thrown our children’s way when it comes to their education. Thankfully, we have God to help us! He commands us to pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17) and has promised us that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us (1 John 5:14). When it comes to our children, knowing how best to approach prayer can sometimes be difficult though – after all, what do you say? I hope these 10 prayers for school will help make approaching God a little easier for you as you seek his guidance for your child’s life:
Powerful Prayers For Children In School
1. Lord, I pray for my child’s school friends. Please bless them and help them to treat others with respect and kindness. May they be open-minded, accepting, and supportive of others, even when opinions differ.
Lord, I pray for my child’s school friends. Please bless them and help them to treat others with respect and kindness. May they be open-minded, accepting, and supportive of others, even when opinions differ.
I pray for the teachers at this school. May You guide each of them in their teaching and inspire them with creativity so that the children may be enlightened by Your wisdom through their studies in a loving environment conducive to learning.
I also pray for my child’s classmates: that their hearts may be filled with love for one another so that they will feel comfortable sharing their feelings openly; that they may learn how important it is to accept other people’s differences without prejudice or judgment; that they would develop respectful relationships based on mutual respect regardless of race or gender; that all students will grow spiritually as well as academically during their time together at this school; please give every teacher wisdom about how best to encourage spiritual growth among your children; help us all understand what it means not just “to be kind.”
2. I pray that my child can go to school each day with a positive attitude and the energy they need to learn and grow. May they be safe and protected at school, and always be treated kindly by their peers too. Help them flourish through their education.
Prayer for your child to have a positive attitude and energy
I pray that my child can go to school each day with a positive attitude and the energy they need to learn and grow. May they be safe and protected at school, and always be treated kindly by their peers too. Help them flourish through their education.
Prayer for your child’s safety in the world
I pray that my child will be safe in this world—that no harm comes to them because of who they are or what they believe in. May they always know how much you love them, even if others don’t understand how special that makes them feel inside!
3. Dear God, I pray that my child continues to pay attention in class, remain focused on the task at hand, and learn all they can. May they continue to work hard, give things a good go and not be afraid to ask for help if needed.
Dear God, I pray that my child continues to pay attention in class, remain focused on the task at hand, and learn all they can. May they continue to work hard, give things a good go and not be afraid to ask for help if needed.
I would also like to ask for your guidance for my child’s teacher(s). May they have a heart for their students, and be kind and understanding when dealing with them. Give them wisdom and knowledge so that they can teach my child well; may they use their talents wisely as well as their time wisely because learning is so important at this age!
I ask this through Christ our Lord who taught us how much he loves us with his sacrifice on the cross. Amen
4. Lord, I pray that you would guide me as a parent in how best to support my child throughout their time at school. Help me to praise them for their efforts, neglect their mistakes, and help them learn from their worries so that they can become better students both now and in the future too.
As a parent, it’s important to support your child throughout their time at school. Here are some ways that you can help them:
- Do not focus on their mistakes. Instead, help them learn from them and praise them for their efforts.
- Encourage your child to ask for help if they need it.
- If they are worried about something or having trouble focusing on tasks, encourage them to keep trying until the task is done (or until the worry passes).
5. Children need lots of support from many important people when it comes to succeeding at school
There are many people in a child’s life whose support and encouragement can be crucial to the child’s success at school.
One of the most important—of course—is a parent or other family member. It is crucial that parents are involved in their children’s education, whether it means attending parent-teacher conferences or helping with homework, volunteering in the classroom, or just talking about what they learned that day.
Another important influence on a child’s success at school is the teacher. A good teacher will create an encouraging environment where students feel comfortable asking questions and sharing their ideas with classmates. Teachers should also encourage students to pursue their interests outside of class; this might mean allowing some free time for kids who want to take up sports or music lessons after school. Another way teachers can help kids succeed is by providing extra services like tutoring sessions for struggling students and small group instruction for those who need additional attention (especially when large groups prove too overwhelming).
As you pray for your children in school, remember that every single prayer is heard and answered. God loves your children even more than you do! He has a wonderful plan for their lives and wants to use them to spread His love, hope, and encouragement in a world filled with hate, despair, and violence.
Don’t forget to pray for yourself as well. Ask God what He would have you do to raise up a child who will walk in the light of Christ, who will be a blessing to others around him or her, who will become all that God created him or her to be!