Narcissism is a personality disorder in which the affected individual has an excessive sense of self-importance and the accompanying lack of empathy for others. This can be particularly damaging to relationships, especially those that involve romantic partners or spouses. Narcissistic tendencies in relationships often result in a loss of intimacy and trust between partners because their sense of entitlement interferes with a realistic understanding of how others feel about them. If you are involved with someone who exhibits signs of narcissism, it is important to find ways to cope as well as maintain your own personal boundaries so you can create healthier relationships overall.
Powerful Prayers For A Narcissist
1. The Start of a New Life Prayer for a Narcissist
- This prayer is for those who are surrounded by a narcissist, but not in a position to leave. It will help you heal and move forward with your life.*
- First, I’d like to say that this prayer is for you and only for you. No one else needs to hear or read it. If someone does ask what’s going on with your relationship, offer them the same advice: “It’s between me and God.”
Now that we’ve got that settled, let’s begin!
2. For someone who has suffered from a narcissistic partner or family member
If you have been a victim of narcissistic abuse, you might be praying for guidance and strength. Here are some prayers to help:
- Pray for God to heal your heart. Narcissists are experts at manipulating their victims, and it’s easy for them to use the fact that they broke our trust against us without us even realizing it. When we start second-guessing ourselves or doubting our self-worth, they can use that doubt as well.
- Pray for God to help you let go of the pain associated with being in a relationship with someone who didn’t care about your best interests or emotional well-being—and may still not care today!
- Pray for your family members who have also been affected by this person (or family member). Their hearts are likely broken too!
- Finally, pray that God would give all involved peace in their lives now and moving forward from here on out.*
3. God’s Protection over me when I am around the Narcissist
You may be asking yourself, “Can God really protect me from a Narcissist?” Yes! He is always with you and knows the best way to handle any situation. He will protect your family, relationship, finances, health, and job while they are in the presence of this person. However, if it is not easy for you to detach from them because they are overprotective or controlling then God will help to remove these obstacles so that you can move on with your life.
God also protects our emotions so that we don’t get tangled up in their drama or let them manipulate us into keeping them in our lives longer than necessary
4. To Break the Strongholds in my life and my family’s life after Narcissism.
To Break The Strongholds in my life and my family’s life after Narcissism.
- Heavenly Father, in Jesus’ name, I come to you today. I need your help with this stronghold that has been placed on me by my husband/wife/mother/father/sibling(s). I pray that you will break it off of me now! I ask for God’s protection over myself and my children so that we can be free from the stronghold of Narcissism! In Jesus’ name, amen.*
5. Prayer to Heal the Brokenness in my Marriage
Prayer for My Marriage
I pray that my spouse will be healed from the pain of rejection, deep wounds, and brokenness.
I pray that God will give me the strength to love my spouse unconditionally and patiently in spite of all their faults and mistakes.
I pray that God will give my spouse great grace to accept the love I offer with humility, gratitude, and loyalty; even if it does not feel like enough.
I pray for peace between us so that we can walk together in harmony as one flesh until death does us part!
6. For someone who has fallen for a manipulative narcissist
- Pray for the narcissist to have a change of heart.
- Pray for the narcissist to be healed.
- Pray for the narcissist to be redeemed.
- Pray for the narcissist to be saved.
- Pray for the narcissist to be delivered from evil and led into good.
7. You can pray for your loved ones even if they are narcissists.
In the same way that you can pray for yourself, you can also pray for the narcissist’s family members, friends, colleagues, and neighbors. Pray that they will be able to see through his mask of perfection to the brokenness underneath. Pray that he will seek help so that he may heal himself and become a better person.
Pray for his boss. If you know who your loved one is working under (or with), pray for them as well. Ask God to give them wisdom in dealing with this difficult employee and remind them of their own value as humans created in His image.
You may also want to consider praying for your loved one’s church or religious community if they have one—that way, no matter where he goes or what he does during the day, there is someone looking out for his spiritual well-being and spiritual growth.”
There are many narcissists who have a lot of influence on society. Many people have a hard time dealing with them because they don’t understand narcissists or how they work. If you know someone who is a narcissist, then there are some things you can do to help them see their wrongdoings and change their ways.