ABOUT POTTER’S HOUSE CHURCH DALLAS
Remarkably, Outreach magazine ranked it the 10th largest in the US as of 2008 based on a weekly attendance of 17,000 and a capacity of about 8,000.
BRIEF HOSTORY/ORIGIN OF POTTER’S HOUSE CHURCH DALLAS
The church building was established by one televangelist W. V. Grant as the Eagles Nest Family Church located in the Oak Cliff area of Dallas right next to Dallas Baptist University.
W.V Grant was unfortunately convicted of tax evasion and consequent upon this conviction, he sold the facility (church building ) to T. D. Jakes, who was a fellow televangelist. Bishop Jakes then renamed it and relaunched it as The Potter’s House.
Jakes had moved from West Virginia with 50 families, who formed the nucleus of the new congregation. The church started growing so rapidly and to accommodate this tremendous increase/expansion, , the church built a 191,000-square-foot (17,700 m2) sanctuary at a cost of $45 million, paying off the debt in four years. The auditorium was completed in August 2000 and features cascade seating, a large stage, a choir loft that can seat 450 and a state-of-the-art audio-visual system. The sanctuary seats about 7,600 people and is also used for non-church events such as graduations, concerts and corporate presentations.
By 2000 Jakes was holding three services every Sunday, with attendance of over 23,000 in the sanctuary and the overflow room.
THE POTTER’S HOUSE CHURCH DENOMINATION
The potter house is a non-denominational, multicultural church in America. It is one of the biggest and most famous churches in US. Potter’s house is not just a church alone but also a humanitarian organization and it is known as one of the most influential churches in America.
THE POTTER’S HOUSE FOUNDER
The Potter’s House church Dallas was founded by the famous preacher, author and film maker Bishop T.D Jakes in 1996.In addition to being the founder, Bishop Jakes is also the senior pastor, along side his wife Pastor Serita Jakes. Bishop T.D Jakes and his wife Serita Jakes have five children. His daughter Pastor Sarah Jakes Roberts is also one of the pastors of a branch of Bishop T.D Jakes church, the potter’s house One LA together with her husband Toure’ Roberts.
THE POTTER’S HOUSE DALLAS SERVICE TIMES
For the purpose of accommodating and ensuring everyone takes advantage of the spiritual growth and development which is the main vision and mission of Potter’s House, they created ample service times to suit everyone’s timing.
Below are the service Time in the potter’s house Dallas Texas:
WEDNESDAY NIGHT BIBLE STUDY
Countdown begins at 6:45 p.m.
Service begins at 7 p.m.
Pre-Show begins at 8:45 a.m.
Service begins at 9 a.m.
THE POTTER’S HOUSE VISION
At the potter’s house church, the vision is for God to mold you into a purpose-filled vessel, pointing all grace and glory back to Him
THE POTTER’S HOUSE CHURCH MINISTRIES
Men’s ministry (man power)
Woman’s ministry (woman to woman)
Children’s ministry (Destiny world)
Marriage ministry (chosen and committed)
Singles ministry (single life)
Youth ministry (fire house)
THE POTTER’S HOUSE CHURCH MEMBERS AND CHURCH CAPACITY
The potter’s house has about 30,000 members spread across its various locations, with a weekly attendance of about 17,000 people, and a church seat capacity of 8200.
THE POTTER’S HOUSE CHURCH BELIEF
Below are some of the beliefs of the potter church, in Dallas Texas. They believe that:
- There is only one God, and that He is eternally existent in Three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- God the Father is the Creator of the universe. He created man in His own image for fellowship, and called man back to Himself through Christ after the rebellion and fall of man.
- Jesus Christ is eternally God. He was together with the Father and the Holy Spirit from the beginning, and through Him all things were made. He left Heaven and became incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the Virgin Mary; henceforth, He is forever one Christ with two natures–God and man–in one Person.
- The Holy Spirit is God, the Lord, and giver of life, who was active in the Old Testament, and given to the Church in fullness at Pentecost. He empowers the saints for service and witness, cleanses man from the old nature, and conforms us to the image of Christ.
- The baptism in the Holy Spirit with evidence of speaking in tongues, subsequent to conversion, releases the fullness of the Spirit, and is evidenced by the fruits and gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- In the Bible containing the Old and New Testament is alone the only infallible, inspired Word of God, and that its authority is ultimate, final, and eternal. It cannot be added to, subtracted from, or superseded in any regard. The Bible is the source of all doctrine, instruction, correction, and reproof. It contains all that is needed for guidance in godliness and practical Christian conduct.
- Christ’s vicarious death on the cross paid the penalty for the sins of the whole world. Its benefits of healing (body, soul, and spirit) are provided for in the atonement as well.
THE POTTER’S HOUSE LOCATIONS
The potters house is located at 6777 W Kiest Blvd 6777 W Kiest Blvd, Dallas, TX 75236 with multiple branches
THE POTTER’S HOUSE CHURCH COMMUNITIES AND THEIR LOCATIONS
There are some other branches of the potter’s house church, some other great pastors head these braches, they include:
- The potters house One LA, its pastors are Pastor Touré (PT) Roberts & Sarah Jakes Roberts, it is located at 614 North La Brea Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90036. Tel: (818) 763-4521
- The potters house Denver, its pastors are Pastor Touré (PT) Roberts & Sarah Jakes Roberts, it is located at 9495 East Florida Avenue Denver, CO 80246. Tel: (303) 369-8514
- The potters house forth worth, its pastors are Pastor Patrick E. Winfield II & first lady Veronica Winfield, it is located at 1270 Woodhaven Blvd Fort Worth, Texas 76112. Tel: (817) 446-1999
- The potters house North Dallas, its pastors are Pastor Sheryl Brady & Bishop Joby Brady, it is located at 10501 Main Street Frisco, TX 75035. TEL: (469) 364-6505
THE POTTER’S HOUSE CONTACTS
- The potters house chuch Dallas: Phone: 1.800.BISHOP.2 (1-800-247-4672), Email: [email protected]
- The potters house One LA: Phone (818) 763-4521
- The potters house Denver: phone (303) 369-8514
- The potters house forth worth: phone (817) 446-1999
- The potters house North Dallas: phone (469) 364-6505
THE POTTER’S HOUSE CHURCH SOCIAL MEDIA
Our above article on Potter’s house Dallas is designed to answer the questions
What denomination is Potter’s house Dallas
Who owns the Potter’s House?