Open Heaven Devotional By Pastor Adeboye 20 January 2022 – Let There Be Light IV
Open Heaven 20 January 2022 TOPIC: Let There Be Light IV
MEMORISE: For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. – Psalm 30:5
READ: Esther 8:15-16 (KJV)
15 And Mordecai went out from the presence of the king in royal apparel of blue and white, and with a great crown of gold, and with a garment of fine linen and purple: and the city of Shushan rejoiced and was glad.
16 The Jews had light, and gladness, and joy, and honour.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 9-11
Open Heaven 20 January 2022 MESSAGE:
There is a correlation between light and joy just as there is between darkness and sorrow. “Let there be light” can therefore mean “Let there be joy”. There is no joy in darkness; light produces joy unspeakable, full of glory. However, joy is in categories. There is ordinary joy as we read in our memory verse today. In our Bible ready today we also read about the joy of God’s people when the darkness of wickedness and hatred that arose against them from Haman were quashed. There is also great joy according to 1 Chronicles 29:9:
“Then the people rejoiced, for that they offered willingly, because with perfect heart they offered willingly to the Lord: and David the king also rejoiced with great joy.”
In the Scripture above we learn one secret of the great joy of the people. This secret lies in the fact that they offered to the Lord their substance, their praise, willingly and with perfect hearts. Another lesson is that King David also rejoiced with great joy, which means that great joy is not determined by position, the amount of wealth or level of influence. Both the king and the ordinary people experienced great joy.
There is, however, another category of joy and that is exceeding great joy. Matthew 2:10 tells of the exceeding great joy of wise men who were searching for the new-born Saviour of the world. It says, “When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy”. When you discover the Person of Jesus Christ the Saviour, your joy will be unspeakable and exceedingly great. This is also called the joy of Salvation. Peter the Apostle described this kind of joy thus, “But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.” (1 Peter 4:13)
Sorrow is the opposite of joy and it characterises the life of those who are not born again. Beloved, do you desire joy? Then get out of the darkness of this world of sin and embrace Jesus Christ – the Light of this world. In John 8:12, Jesus says “Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.”
Open Heaven 20 January 2022 ACTION POINT:
If you want unspeakable and exceedingly great joy, come out of the darkness of this world of sin and embrace Jesus Christ the Light today.
Scroll Down for RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER POINTS
Open Heaven 20 January 2022 HYMN 9: I’ve A Message From The Lord, Hallelujah
1. I’ve a message from the Lord, Hallelujah!
This message unto you I’ll give,
’Tis recorded in His word, Hallelujah!
It is only that you “look and live.”
“Look and live,” my brother, live,
Look to Jesus now, and live;
’Tis recorded in His Word, Hallelujah!
It is only that you “look and live.”
2. I’ve a message full of love, Hallelujah!
A message, O my friend, for you,
’Tis a message from above, Hallelujah!
Jesus said it, and I know ’tis true.
3. Life is offered unto you, Hallelujah!
Eternal life thy soul shall have,
If you’ll only look to Him, Hallelujah!
Look to Jesus who alone can save.
4. I will tell you how I came, Hallelujah!
To Jesus when He made me whole—
’Twas believing on His name, Hallelujah!
I trusted and He saved my soul.
RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER GUIDE FOR YEAR 2022 (50 DAYS)
DAY 10: THURSDAY 20TH OF JANUARY, 2022
TOPIC: PRAYER OF MERCY FOR NATIONS AND NIGERIA
BIBLE TEXT: Pro 14:34, 29:1-3. Mat 24:1-14
When the righteous rules, the people rejoice but when the wicked takes over, the people mourn. We need to cry unto God in prayer for mercy because of the wickedness in the land and pray for the righteous to be in authority.
- Father, thank you for your grace and mercy over our nation in Jesus name. Psa 107:1
- Father, thank you for your mercy that prevail over judgement over our nation in Jesus name. James 2:13.
- Father, thank for remembering your covenant over our nation in Jesus name
- Father, have mercy and forgive our nation the sins of our leaders in Jesus name. Dan 9:9.
- Father, as we humble ourselves, have mercy upon our nation, hear our voices, forgive our sins and heal our land in Jesus name. 2 Chr 7:14.
- Father, have mercy upon our nation and deliver us from the hands of the satanic groups that are holding us captive in Jesus name. Exo 3:7-8.
- Father, have mercy upon Nigeria and visit every wicked leader that is sponsoring, encouraging and defending Boko Haram, killer herdsmen, kidnappers and terrorists with calamity that will consume them in Jesus name. Exo 12:29-31, 14:27-28.
- Father, have mercy upon our nation and let all the strangers that have invaded our nation hear sounds of confusion from heaven and let them help to destroy one another with their sword in Jesus name. 2 Chr 20:22-24.
- Father, have mercy upon our nation and uproot every plant you have not planted in Jesus name. Mat 15:13.
- Father, have mercy upon our nation and remove every wicked leader that has forced him/herself over us in Jesus name. Hos 13:11.
- Father, have mercy on our nation and in your wrath, visit every external force that is backing all the evil doers in our nation in Jesus name.Isaiah 48:22
- Father, have mercy and break lose our nation from the stronghold of the wicked leadership in Jesus name. Deu.33:27.
- Father, have mercy upon our nation and overthrow the throne of wicked leadership in Jesus name. Hag 2:22.
- Father, have mercy and restore back the lost glory of our nation in Jesus name. Joe 2:25.
- Father, by your mercy, turn again the captivity of our nation in Jesus name. Psa 126:1-3.
If you want to give your life to Christ, say this prayer
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus’ name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to [email protected], +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.
Credit : Open Heavens 2022 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.