The theme for MFM New year Devotional January 1 2023 is ”Be Grateful Always (I)”
Here is today’s MFM daily devotional designed for your today’s spiritual refreshment. Kindly read today’s teaching by Dr DK Olukoya, meditate on the word of God and endeavour to act in accordance with them. As you start your day with God through his word, may he go before you to perfect all you have to do today.
Read MFM Daily Devotional January 1 2023.
SCRIPTURE: “In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:18
As believers, God expects us to maintain a consistent and continuous heart of gratitude. We are to be genuinely grateful to Him for His immeasurable goodness and unparalleled love at all times. As we thank Him for the past year, His power that kept us and the hands He opened to satisfy our desires, we should also express our appreciation to Him for the New Year and glorious things He has in store for us.
Beloved, thanksgiving has the ability to change the direction of your day, week, month and year for good!. This year, I counsel you to practise daily thankfulness and enjoy its power. Use this key to earn yourself a glorious year from the Lord. By staying grateful to God throughout the year, you acknowledge that He is the Source of every good thing you have and enjoy. You also succeed in keeping His hands of blessings in your life and affairs. Staying grateful is God’s will for you (1 Thessalonians 5:18).
There are other amazing benefits attached to giving thanks to God in all things and at all times. Let us examine some of them: (1) Staying grateful to God and expressing genuine thanks to Him always glorifies Him. 2 Corinthians 4:15 underscores this point: “For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.” (2) It helps you to see God. The more you thank Him, the more you see Him working in you and around you. (3) It helps you sense God’s presence, love and care. (4) It fully positions you in the centre of His will. It is God’s will that you are thankful on good days and bad days (1 Thessalonians 5:18). (5) You will see God’s hands in all situations and circumstances and He will give you supernatural peace (Philippians 4:6-7.
Gratitude is the sign of noble souls. It is the key to your divine increase and all-round fulfilment. Stay grateful throughout this year and your life will become an amazing bundle of testimonies, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I thank You because You are good and Your mercy endures forever, in the name of Jesus.
- This year, I will bless the Lord at all times and His praise shall continually be in my mouth, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I thank You for giving me all that pertain to life and godliness, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, let my life of gratitude produce supernatural change and open the door of abundance for me, in the name of Jesus.
- I reject the garment of worry and sorrow; I put on the garment of thanksgiving and praise, in the name of Jesus.
- This year, I shall be continuously grateful and joyful, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, let the key of gratitude open great doors for me this year, in the name of Jesus.