MFM Daily Devotional October 29 2022
THEME: How To Find The Will Of God (III)
SCRIPTURE: “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” – 2 Timothy 2:15
We rounded off our discourse yesterday with the advice that you seek the help of the Holy Spirit in finding and doing God’s will. This is very important. The Bible says, “Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts” (Zechariah 4:6b). Let us dwell more on this point.
One of the principal roles the Holy Spirit plays in our lives, as believers, is to guide us to find the will of God. This is because no man knows the things of God but His Spirit (1 Corinthians 2:11). Also, John 16:13-14 affirms this, “When, He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.” Dear reader, I counsel you to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Once you do this, His anointing will come upon you and will teach you all things (1 John 2:27).
The word of God is another source of help for believers who want to find and do God’s will. It is, in fact, the first place to look. The Bible is God’s written and revealed will (Psalm 119:105; Romans 2:18; 2 Timothy 3:16). You will find God’s will and the enabling to do it when you devote yourself to reading and studying the word of God carefully and daily (2 Timothy 2:15). Pray and ask God to help you understand His word; always obey God’s word.
God sometimes reveals His will through dreams. Some Old Testament examples include Numbers 12:6, Job 33:15-17, Jeremiah 23:28, Joel 2:28 while some New Testament include Joseph’s four dreams of instruction and warning (Matthew 1:20-21;2:13, 19-20, 22), the wise men warned in a dream (Matthew 2:12) and Pilate’s wife’s warning dream concerning Jesus (Matthew 27:19). However, the Bible cautions us regarding determining God’s will by dreams (Ecclesiastes 5:7; Jeremiah 29:8).
Beloved, I encourage you to have unwavering faith in God, live a holy lifestyle consistently and be addicted to God’s word and prayer. All these will increase your intimacy with God and your access to His will.
- Holy Spirit, come upon me. Power of the Highest, overshadow me, in the name of Jesus.
- I declare that the Holy Spirit is my Friend and Senior Partner, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Spirit, illuminate me and show me the will of the Father, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, open my eyes to see wondrous things in Your word, in the name of Jesus.
- The word of God is a lamp to my feet and light to my path, in the name of Jesus.
- I receive divine direction and access the will of God for my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power assigned to pollute my dreams and hinder me from receiving God’s messages, die, in the name of Jesus.