The theme for MFM Daily Devotional November 19 2022 is ”Benefits Of The Blood Of Jesus (V)”
Here is today’s MFM daily devotional designed for your today’s spiritual refreshment. Kindly read today’s teaching by Dr DK Olukoya, meditate on the word of God and endeavour to act in accordance with them. As you start your day with God through his word, may he go before you to perfect all you have to do today.
SCRIPTURE: “Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.” – Luke 22:20
The blood of Jesus has far more benefits. You will do well to discover them and avail yourself of them. Now that you are born again, you can participate in the sweet communion of remembrance of His sacrifice. Luke 22:20 says, “Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.” (Luke 22:20). In all nations of the world, there have been numerous testimonies of the miracles that children of God received from partaking in the Lord’s table. I would like you to also know that the redemption we received from the shed blood of Jesus is unique in a way: it will never perish. The Bible affirms this, “Knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot” (1 Peter 1:18-19).
In addition, the blood of Jesus was the instrument that earned our freedom from bondage and slavery. Now we are free and we are free indeed! Galatians 5:1 admonishes us to “stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.” (Galatians 5:1).
A great benefit of the blood of Jesus is that it protects us from judgement just as the Passover blood of the lamb protected the Israelites from the judgement of death of first born in the land of Egypt. Hence, Exodus 12:27 says, “It is the Passover sacrifice of the Lord, who passed over the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt when He struck the Egyptians and delivered our households. So the people bowed their heads and worshiped.”
In these last days and its attendant insecurity of lives and property, kidnapping, ritual killings and so on, we should always cover ourselves with the blood of Jesus and stay under its protection day and night. No evil shall befall us and no plague shall come near our dwellings, in the name of Jesus.
- Passover blood of Jesus, protect me and my family from judgement and destruction, in the name of Jesus.
- I overcome pestilence, plague and infirmities, by the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
- Passover blood of Jesus, arise and judge my accusers, in the name of Jesus.
- Passover blood of Jesus, arise and judge my tormentors, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, destroy every yoke in my life now, in the name of Jesus. 6. By the power in the blood of Jesus, Father, destroy every embargo attached to my life and destiny, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, arise and wash away any evil mark troubling my life with the blotting blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.