The theme for MFM Daily Devotional February 16 2023 is ”The Complete Armour Of God (I)”
Here is today’s MFM daily devotional designed for your today’s spiritual refreshment. Kindly read today’s teaching by Dr DK Olukoya, meditate on the word of God and endeavour to act in accordance with them. As you start your day with God through his word, may he go before you to perfect all you have to do today.
Read MFM Daily Devotional February 16 2023.
SCRIPTURE: “Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.” – 2 Timothy 2:3
The Bible makes it clear in verse 12 of today’s Fire Scripture that we are on the battlefield as Christians: “For we wrestle not against flesh…..” More importantly, and on a serious note, our wrestling is not seen powers and entities, but against unseen spiritual powers. In all, we need to be battle ready, not just for a period, but at all times. Apostle Paul implored Timothy to “endure hardness as a soldier of Christ” as written in our memory verse.
We cannot afford to confront these enemies with ordinary physical strength. Rather, we should go in the might and power of the Most High God, if we must be victorious: “Finally be strong in the Lord….. put on the whole armour….so that you can stand against the wiles of the devil” (verses 11, 13). The Psalmist said, “Some trust in chariots, some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord…. they fell, but we stand strong” (Ps. 20:7-8).
The physical military armour is that defensive outer covering worn to protect the body; and it is often made with metal to render the opponent’s bullets impenetrable. As Christians, we also have the spiritual armour, which is God’s, and every Christian soldier must endeavour to put it on without fail in order to fight and win these battles.
However, to put on this whole armour, it is important that one stands in righteousness before the Lord, and remain steadfast in faith. This armour is not comparable to that of warriors like Goliath and Saul, whose weight was too heavy for David, because it was man-made. Sad enough, it could not even defend the owner (Goliath). Rather, he fell flat before David. God expects us to be clothed in His armour and be ever ready for battle against the enemies of our souls and salvation.
Beloved, you need to know the components of this whole armour of God and put them on at all times. I pray that you shall not fall a victim in the battlefield of life, in the name of Jesus.
- Enemies of my soul, you shall not prosper, by the power of the Almighty, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, arise and clothe me with Your power to overcome battles against my soul, in the name of Jesus.
- Drainer of spiritual strength, you shall not prosper in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- I receive the power of God to stand strong in the battlefield of life, in the name of Jesus.
- Sins that weaken, I am not your candidate, jump out of my life and die, in the name of Jesus.
- I refuse to trust in man or in my own strength, in the name of Jesus.
- Power to fight and remain standing and strong, come upon me, in the name of Jesus.