The theme for MFM Daily Devotional February 14 2023 is ”Stay In The Storm With Your Spouse”
Here is today’s MFM daily devotional designed for your today’s spiritual refreshment. Kindly read today’s teaching by Dr DK Olukoya, meditate on the word of God and endeavour to act in accordance with them. As you start your day with God through his word, may he go before you to perfect all you have to do today.
Read MFM Daily Devotional February 14 2023.
SCRIPTURE: “Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.” – Ecclesiastes 4:9
What do storms look like in your marriage? Have you struggled with marital disagreements, sexual difficulties, health issues or the pain of infidelity, work related issues, meddling in-laws, ageing parents, rebellious children or natural disaster? Regardless of where the storms emanate from, they have potential to negatively affect a marriage relationship if not carefully and prayerfully handled. Although you may not have the option to choose your storms, you can decide if it will lead you to deeper intimacy with the Lord and your spouse. As a believer, you need to recognise that you have an enemy, satan, who does not want the will of God concerning marriages to stand. He came to destroy but Christ came to give us life more abundantly (John 10:10).
God has given us a lifelong partner, a best friend in the person of our Lord Jesus Christ, with whom we can face marital storms and withstand the enemy. Recognise the true cause of the storm in your home and commit them into God’s care. The Lord has instructed us to cast our burdens upon Him for He cares for us (1 Peter 5:7). As a spouse, you should not broadcast your marital challenges to everyone that comes your way. And if you must share the problems, look for somebody whose mind or heart is renewed in Christ to share them with. Let the word of God dwell richly in you. This will help to defend your marriage from the lies and deceptions of the devil and his cohorts. Give the Holy Spirit a place in your marriage and pray fervently against marriage destroyers.
Beloved of the Lord, there is hope for you if you decide to stay in the storm with your spouse in partnership with the Holy Spirit. God, who instituted marriage, will send help to you from Zion, in Jesus’ name.
- Every power that wants to put my marriage asunder, die, in the name of Jesus.
- I paralyze all satanic antagonism against my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- I command open disgrace and unmask the enemies of my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- I paralyze all evil legs roaming around for our sake, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, bring honey out of the rock for me and my spouse, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, open up all good doors of my life and marriage that household wickedness has shut, in the name of Jesus.
- Let all anti-breakthrough walls designed against my life be shattered to irreparable pieces, in the name of Jesus.