Do not fret or have anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, … continue to make your wants known to God. (Philippians 4:6 NKJV)
Did you know that it is impossible to worry, and at the same time to trust God? Worry is a form of unbelief; it causes us to doubt God’s love and His ability to come through for us when we need Him.
There are those who will say that everyone worries to some extent, but this is not true. There are many people who live worry free, choosing instead to put their trust in God.
Truth be told, you were not designed to carry the worries and cares of life yourself. Living worry free is a decision. You can choose to stop worrying and just enjoy God’s peace by establishing the following principles in your life:
- Isolate the specific worry you are dealing with, and repent of any unbelief
- Recall or discover what the Bible says about your situation or concern
- Reject worry by meditating on God’s character and His promises
- Choose to believe what the Bible says
- Thank God for being faithful to His Word
- Reject all temptation to again worry about your situation
When you apply these principles to every minor care or major concern, the Bible says, “The peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Jesus Christ” (Philippians 4:7 NKJV).
Begin today to enjoy the worry-free living God has made available for you through Jesus.
Confession: I choose to put my trust in God. Instead of worrying, I will pray and give Him praise today. Thank You, Lord, for Your peace that guards my heart and mind.