Be bold for God and he will bless you.
Being Bold For God
Boldness is a trait that can be developed. It’s not something you’re born with; it’s a habit that can be learned and practiced. Boldness isn’t a personality trait or character trait either—it’s an action!
The word “bold” means to be brave, confident, daring, fearless, and audacious. It comes from the old French word “bole” which meant boldness or courage (hence the English expression “to have bollocks”).
2. What it means to be bold
Boldness is a quality of character, speech, action, thought, and belief. It’s a quality of attitude and love. Boldness is the greatest power that you can have in your life as a child of God.
Boldness is speaking up for what you believe in when it’s not popular or too scary to do so. Boldness is taking action when others won’t or don’t want to follow your lead because they’re afraid of what other people might think about them if they do. Boldness means having an unyielding belief that God has called us to bring His Kingdom into every area of our lives—including our homes, workplaces, schools, and communities—and refusing to allow fear or intimidation from anyone to stop us from doing so!
3. Boldly face the world with confidence
Be bold in your faith:
- Don’t be afraid to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ. People are lost without the knowledge of God. If you have been given this knowledge and have accepted it as true, then share it! Even if you think that someone else may need to hear about God more than you do, share it anyway! If we all did our part to spread the word of God, then fewer people would be left in darkness.
- Be confident in what you know is right even when others disagree with or question your beliefs. There will always be people who disagree with what we believe because they want a different outcome than what is logical or right for us individually; however, as believers, we should stand firm on our convictions regardless of whether other people agree with us or not. Remember that being right doesn’t always mean being popular (and vice versa).
4. Do you have to be a leader to be bold?
- You don’t have to be a leader to be bold.
- You can be bold at your own pace, in your own way, and with your own voice.
- This might mean you’re the first to speak up or take action on an issue that affects you personally but not everyone else yet. It may mean that while others are still deciding whether they want to make a change or not, you do something about it without waiting for approval from others first. Or it could just mean that while everyone else is saying “I agree” or “That’s a good idea,” you say “I disagree” or “This isn’t right”.
5. Are you afraid?
Being bold for God is a tough thing to do. Sometimes it’s easier to just stay quiet and not take a stand. But remember, fear is not the opposite of faith—it’s an enemy that can be conquered with courage and trust in God.
Even though we may be afraid, the Lord will give us strength to overcome those fears because He has promised: “For nothing is impossible with God” (Luke 1:37).
6. Are there times when we shouldn’t be bold?
Are there times when we shouldn’t be bold?
The answer is yes. There are some situations where being bold for God will hurt someone else, or even yourself. We are called to do what is right in each situation and sometimes this means not being bold at all:
- Don’t be bold if you could hurt someone else. This includes your family, friends, coworkers and anyone else who might get hurt by your actions. If you know that if you don’t speak out against something wrong it will cause harm to others then do what it takes to protect those people from harm (even if that means not speaking up about it).
- Don’t be bold if it could cause harm to yourself. You need to take care of yourself as much as possible so that God’s plan can come through you without interruption because of physical sicknesses or injuries caused by risky behavior (*see footnote 1). The best way to avoid these problems is by making wise decisions regarding whether or not an idea/action is worth the risk involved with trying something new (with the goal being 100% success rate). If there’s any doubt about whether or not something could potentially backfire then don’t do it!
7. Be bold for God and he will bless you.
- Boldness is a characteristic of God.
- Boldness is a characteristic of Jesus.
- Boldness is a characteristic of the Holy Spirit.
- Boldness is a characteristic of the church.
- Boldness is a characteristic of the Christian.
- Boldness is a characteristic of believers in Christ Jesus.
If you’ve ever felt like God was calling you to do something but you were too afraid to take it, now is the time! Be bold for God and he will bless you. Don’t let fear hold you back from doing what he has called each one of us to do. You can do this!