What to do to get my prayers answered is one of the questions a lot of Christians ask from time to time. A lot of people have different answers to the question ”what to do to get my prayers answered”. However, there are major things that amount to praying effectively. Effective prayers bring quick answers.
To every Christian and Everyone praying, the goal is to have his or her prayers answered and also quickly. Sometime we find ourselves in a situation where our prayers are not answered and most times we tend to lose hope as a result of this.
It is very important for us to first understand that with God, all things are possible (Matthew 19: 26). As a matter of fact, what God cannot do, does not exist. The understanding that you have , as your God, the one who is capable of all things is key.
Aside acknowledging the above, the next is to ensure you are doing or you are living the life that will attract God. God loves us so much that he gave his only begotten son to die on the cross to save us. However, God does not dwell in a dirty or sinful heart. So being in a state of Grace and Holiness is also very key.
In this article, we are going to be discussing 5 major things you have to observe to ensure your prayers are answered.
What to do to get my prayers answered
- Have strong faith : The first and most important key to having your prayers answered is to have strong faith and belief in God. Believe that God is capable of doing what you are asking for. Start every prayer by acknowledging God, his majest, his Holiness, his Excelence, etc. Praise him, worship him, adore him, glorify name. Thank him for all he has done and all he is currently doing. Faith moves mountain.
The importance of faith can be seen in the following bible verses
Matthew 17:20 : He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.”
Romans 5:1–2 : Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Mark 11:22–25 : And Jesus answered them, “Have faith in God. Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
2. Be thankful to God : Gratitude is a virtue. Endeavor to also be grateful to God for what he has done so far. Before asking what what you want, thank God for wat you already have. Acknowledge his faithfulness, kindnes, love, help etc. God will never be tired of giving us our needs. He created human and so he knows that human needs are insatiable. Appreciate hom for what he has done and go ahead to ask him for more. But note this, thanksgiving is the highest and most effective prayer. Thank him more than you ask. Even before you ask, he already know what you want.
3. Endeavor to live a holy life: As much as God loves us and is alway willing to always have be there for us any time any day, we must also endeavor to live a life that will be pleasing to God. God does not dwell in a dirty or sinful heart. Abstain from sins, do the best you can to keep his commandments and he will give you to the grace and strength you need.
4. Pray, fast and engage in arms giving: Give so that you may to receive. As much as you have a need, many things you have are other people’s prayer point. So, look at others, help them in the litle way you can. Engage in fasting and prayer and receive the miracle you seek.
5. Pray more for the will of God to be done: No matter what we want at any time, the will of God for us remains the best. Sometimes we do not receive answers to exactly what we prayed for, not because our God is incapable of doing that or that he is not willing to answer us. Sometimes , God has different and better plans for us than what we are praying for. In such cases, what we need is faith. Remain faithful and continue to pray that his will be done.
Finally, always note that God does not disappoint, he does not delay, his time is the best. No one has ever trusted God and get disappointed.