Cancer is an advanced stage of malignant growth or tumor that starts in the cells of the body. Cancer can occur in any part of the body, including internal organs and blood. When cancer spreads from its original site to other parts of the body, it is called metastasis (pronounced: mee-stah-tuhs-is).Despite this fact, many people still believe that cancer can be cured if it’s detected early enough and treated aggressively with traditional medicine. While this may be true for some forms of cancer, there are many types which simply cannot be cured by any means at all due to their being triggered by environmental factors which cannot be changed (such as exposure to certain chemicals or radiation), or because they arise spontaneously without having any known cause whatsoever (the so-called “autochthonous” cancers).
Cancers have been known since ancient times; Egyptian papyri describing tumors were found in the tomb of Perneb who died around 3000 BC.
In 2010 more than 1 billion dollars was spent on research into different forms of cancer treatment with only minimal results being achieved thus far
Powerful Prayers For Someone Dying Of Cancer
1. Prayer For Healing A Loved One
- Prayer For Healing A Loved One: Dear Father, thank you for the gift of life. I pray that you will heal [name] and make him healthy again. May he be free from pain and illness and may his body be restored to full health in Jesus’ name. Amen.*
- Prayer For A Loved One’s Cancer: O Lord, I know that You are the Healer of all sicknesses, diseases and infirmities; therefore I come before You in faith believing that You will heal [name]’s cancer. I ask this in Christ’s name because there is no other name given under heaven whereby we must be saved (Acts 4:12). Amen.*
- Prayer For A Loved One In Hospital: Father God I thank You for bringing me through this difficult time with a heart filled with faith instead of fear so that my family may experience peace during these few days until [name]’s surgery is complete. We pray today for strength from above so that we can support each other during this very difficult time in our lives as well as comfort one another through prayer when needed most throughout these next few days while awaiting surgery tomorrow morning at 8am sharp please let it go well my friend! May Your grace give peace tonight while we wait upon Your healing hand over their body tonight Lord please watch over them closely tonight keep them safe within their hearts & minds always remember us all by sending angels down upon us now & always amen…
2. Prayer For A Loved One’s Cancer
Prayer For A Loved One’s Cancer
Lord, please hear my prayer.
Please hear the prayers of all who love and care for [name]’s health.
We are praying to you God, that you will heal her body completely and restore it back to health. We ask that your wisdom would guide us in every decision we make for our loved ones as they fight cancer. We pray for peace in their heart, mind, and soul so that they can rest easy knowing that you are in control of everything around them including their cancer battle. Please grant them strength to overcome this disease and give hope they will be healed quickly so they can return home safely back into our arms again where they belong forever! In Jesus’ name, I pray…
3. Short Prayer For A Loved One In Hospital
- For a loved one in hospital:
“Lord, we thank you for the healing of our dear [person’s name] who has been diagnosed with cancer. We ask that you send your love to bring peace and comfort to those around him or her, as well as healing from this disease.”
- For someone who has died from cancer:
“Dear Lord, we ask that you give us strength during this difficult time. We know that [name] is now safe in your arms and at peace with you. Please give us wisdom so that we can continue on with our lives without fear or worry.”
4. Prayers Of Healing And Comfort
Prayers For The Sick
Let us pray for the sick and those who suffer, that they may be healed by God’s loving care.
Prayer For A Dying Person
(Adapted from Prayers for All Occasions, compiled by Father William J. Byron)
May our Heavenly Father give you strength and comfort in your sorrow; may he help you to bear the pain of separation from your loved ones with fortitude; may he sustain you in death with unshakable faith in eternal life; may he receive your soul into his presence where there is no more sickness or suffering, but only peace and love forevermore. Amen!
5. Prayer For Cancer Patients
Prayer has been proven to be one of the most powerful weapons against cancer. In fact, if you have prayed for someone who is fighting cancer, you have probably witnessed first-hand the power of prayer. It is so important for patients on their journey towards healing and wholeness in Jesus Christ that we must pray for them every day!
In order to help you become better at praying for those who are suffering from this disease, we’ve put together some quick tips below:
- Pray with real sincerity and passion; don’t just say a bunch of words that sound good but mean nothing. We know how hard it is not only to go through treatment but also to watch your friend or family member go through it as well! There’s no way around feeling emotionally drained after these difficult days; however, this does not give us an excuse not to pray wholeheartedly for our loved ones who are suffering from cancer or any other disease. So when you’re going through this kind of challenge just remember: don’t let fear keep hold over your heart – let faith take its place!
6. Prayers To God For Healing
You can also pray to God for healing. He loves you and wants the best for you, so don’t be afraid to ask Him for help! He wants to heal you, strengthen your body and soul, and bring peace into your life.
Prayer is a powerful tool because it allows us to communicate with God on a deeper level than just our words alone can express. There are many ways that we can use prayer as a way of communicating with God:
- We can pray directly by talking or writing down what we want to say in our heads before saying it out loud (or writing it down).
- We can pray quietly by ourselves or in groups at church services where everyone else is praying too.
- We can pray aloud by speaking clearly while thinking about what’s going on in our minds at the same time; this allows us both avenues of communication simultaneously–the words coming out of our mouths are paired perfectly with what’s going through our minds simultaneously! Doing this together as community members who care about each other’s needs/desires/lives makes everything feel truly connected; when everyone is working together towards one goal (such as helping someone recover from cancer), then there’s nothing stopping anyone from thriving.”
7. Short Prayer For Healing
We come before you today to ask that you heal our loved ones. We pray that You will use your healing power to restore our loved ones to health. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ.
8. May God grant you speedy healing from your illness.
You can also pray that God might grant the sick person a speedy recovery. The Bible says in Psalm 103:2, “Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.” It is important to realize that God’s love is not limited by what we think or feel but rather flows freely and powerfully toward us regardless of our circumstances. A person may be suffering from cancer or another serious illness, but they can still be filled with hope because they know they are loved by God who promises them health and healing (Isaiah 53:5).
If you pray for someone else’s healing from cancer, it will encourage them to believe in their own healing as well. If you believe strongly in your own prayers for someone else’s recovery from cancer (or any other disease), then it allows them to take courage from this belief when confronting their own struggles with illness or disease
You may not be able to help your loved ones get better, but you can be there for them as they go through this difficult time. These prayers for someone dying of cancer will help them along their journey, no matter how short it may be.