I have been praying for someone who is in need of a home. I have been trying to find the right words, but all I can think of are the prayers that have been used by others throughout the years. Below I will share with you some useful prayers that can be used when praying for homeless people.
Powerful Prayers For Homeless
1. Dear Lord, I need your help and guidance.
Dear Lord, I need your help and guidance. I don’t know what to do about the homeless problem in our city. Please show me how to find the right people and what to say when I speak with them. Help me find the words that will comfort them and give hope for their future. Help me know how to help them see a brighter day ahead of them, even if that day is far away from now. Please guide my actions so that I can be an instrument of your mercy on this earth, especially as it pertains to all those who are poor and hurting.
2. Guide me to the people that are in need of your healing touch.
We all need guidance. We all need healing. We all need love and support, especially when we are feeling lost and alone. It is easy to get bogged down by the stresses of life, but it’s important to remember that there is always someone who wants to lend you an ear or a hand (or both) when you’re feeling overwhelmed.
When you pray for those in need of your healing touch, remember that everyone has something they could offer others as well—whether it’s love or service or simply words of encouragement at just the right time. You may not see results immediately, but with enough prayers from people like yourself who believe in doing good work here on Earth (and beyond), I know things will change for the better!
3. I was once homeless, but you saved me from the cold.
You are so strong, and you will always be with me. You gave me life and saved my soul. I can feel your love all around me as I hold onto this rock. You have given me shelter from the cold when no one else would help an orphan like me, who has nothing but a prayer to give in return for your generosity.
As long as I believe in you, everything will be OK.
4. Forgive me for all the sins I have committed.
Take a moment to think about the sin you have committed. Have you had an affair? Stolen something? Betrayed someone’s trust? If so, God is merciful and forgiving. Remember that it was through the death of Jesus Christ that our sins were forgiven; he died for every single one of them.
As you pray this prayer, focus on asking God to help you forgive yourself for your own sins and faults. He will help you see how much he loves you if only because he wants all people to come into his kingdom (John 3:16).
5. Help me to do good to those around me and to be a champion of the weak.
- God is a God of justice and fairness.
- God is a God of love.
- God is a God of compassion.
- God is a God of mercy.
- God is a God of forgiveness, especially when we ask for it humbly and sincerely (even if we have to ask multiple times).
- And finally, most importantly, he’s our champion! We can count on him to help us do good in the world around us because he wants so badly for each one of us to become his champions as well!
6. Let there be peace in my mind and heart.
Peace of mind is a gift from God. It is the result of having a clear conscience and confidence in our relationship with Him, knowing that He will provide for us. Therefore, it is important to seek this peace by going through prayer.
To do this, firstly we must kneel down before God with all humility and ask Him to help us find peace within ourselves; secondly, we must be willing to let go of any bad feelings that may have been caused by past events; thirdly, we should then try not to worry about what happened in the past or what might happen tomorrow because these things are beyond our control so no matter how much you think about them they won’t change your situation; finally if at any time during this process you feel anxious or angry then repeat these words: “Let there be peace in my mind and heart.”
7. Purify my thoughts and make them acceptable to you.
- Purify my thoughts and make them acceptable to you.
- Remove from me all doubt, distrust, and suspicion; give me the courage to walk on the right path with a clear conscience.
- Give me stability so that I may be able to overcome temptation and resist evil when it approaches.
8. Protect me and my family from all evil forces.
There are many evil forces in the world. You may think that they are only out there, but they are not. Evil is also inside of you and me. We must be careful when walking through life because evil has many ways of entering our hearts and mind. Be aware that there are many things that can deceive us and cause us to fall into sin.
9. Give me the strength to overcome this challenge in my life right now.
Pray to God for strength. Pray to God for help in overcoming the challenge that you are facing right now.
“Lord, give me the strength I need to overcome this challenge in my life right now.”
10. Thank you for giving me a home when I was living on the streets.
- Thank the Lord for providing a place to live.
- Thank the Lord for providing food and clothing.
- Thank the Lord for providing a job.
- Thank the Lord for providing a family.
- Thank the Lord for providing a church.
- Thank you for giving me friends who love me and care about me, as well as family members who support me in my efforts to succeed in life and live an abundant life with you by my side.*
11. I worship you, my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, who gave me the greatest gift of grace through your death on the cross at Calvary so that I may live eternally with You in heaven forever and ever. Amen!
Powerful Prayers for Homeless
The power of prayer is great, and it can help the homeless. The Holy Spirit is the source of strength for Christians to do God’s work in this world. Therefore, if you are a Christian, you should pray daily for the people who are in need around us. The Bible tells us that we should love others just as Christ has loved us (John 13:34). If we want to be like Christ, then we must also show love and compassion towards others who are suffering from poverty or homelessness. This can be done by praying for them regularly so that God may guide us on how we can best help them out during their difficult times.
We are all sinners in the eyes of God and we have sinned against Him. The Lord’s greatest commandment is to love one another as He loves us, but how can we do this if we have not forgiven ourselves? Forgive yourselves and then forgive others so that you may be forgiven by your Father in heaven.
Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I pray this prayer with a contrite heart and humble spirit. Help me to find peace within myself through the forgiveness of my sins and others’ sins against me. I know that You are merciful and just, so please hear my prayer for those who are struggling today. Amen!