We all have a bit of a fear of the unknown or something that makes us uncomfortable. Many people struggle with fear and it can keep us from doing things we know God is calling us to do. We should not be afraid because God has told us in His Word that He is with us always, even until the end of time (Matthew 28:20). So pray these prayers over your loved ones often, so they can live boldly and without fear!
Powerful Prayers For Boldness
1. Power in Resurrection
The resurrection of Jesus is the cornerstone of our faith. It’s proof that He has power over death, sin, and hell. When you pray these powerful prayers for boldness, it’s important to understand that you’re praying them with the foundation of faith in Christ’s resurrection as your rock.
That means that regardless of what happens in your life or how difficult it may be for you to see the good in it at this moment, God has already demonstrated His power by raising Jesus from the dead. That means that no matter what situation you’re facing or how many times you’ve tried before and failed before now, God can make all things new through Jesus’ victory on Calvary’s cross (see 2 Corinthians 5:17).
2. Struggle With Fear
Fear is a spiritual enemy. It is the first weapon of attack used against us in our journey toward God. Fear is also a common problem for many people, and it needs to be dealt with on a regular basis.
Fear can take many forms: fear of failure, fear of success and/or loss of popularity or respect, fear of death and/or failure at life after death (e.g., heaven vs hell), etc.. But whatever form your fears may take—whether they are real or imagined—the core issue is still the same: You need biblical courage!
3. Removal of Fear
Fear is the opposite of boldness. It leads to timidity and a loss of confidence, which in turn can prevent us from taking action or speaking up. This fear is not from God. He will give us courage when we need it, but if we are experiencing fear that prevents us from stepping out in faith, this fear is not from Him—it’s from the enemy! The Bible tells us that God’s “perfect love casts out all fear” (1 John 4:18), so if you feel afraid to do something or say something for whatever reason, know that it isn’t coming from God and instead let yourself be confident in His love for you and His power over your circumstances.
4. Boldness Over Fear
- Fear is the opposite of boldness.
- Boldness is a quality of the heart, spirit, mind, and will.
5. Stand Firm
Stand firm in the faith; be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
Stand firm, then, with your loins girded in truth, clothed with righteousness as a breastplate on your heart, and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking up the shield of faith with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one.
Take unto yourselves, therefore, no thought for tomorrow: for tomorrow shall take thought for itself. Sufficient unto the day is its own evil. (Matthew 6:31-34)
6. Boldness to Pray Boldly
- Pray boldly.
- Pray in the Spirit, with all of your heart, mind, and strength.
- Pray in faith, believing that God will answer your prayers according to His will and purpose for you (Philippians 4:6).
- Pray in Jesus’ name (John 15:16) because He is worthy of our worship and adoration as we pray for His will to be done on earth as it is in heaven (Matthew 6:10).
- Pray with boldness and confidence knowing that those who believe are more than conquerors through Christ (Romans 8:37-39). They have been given authority over their lives and all of their circumstances through Him (2 Corinthians 3:17-18; Ephesians 1:19-23; 4:30; Romans 13:1-7).
7. Divine Strength
You are stronger than you think, and the Lord’s strength is made perfect in your weakness.
Now that you know it’s possible to be bold and get results, here are a few more prayers that will help you:
8. We need not be afraid when we stand on the authority of God’s Word.
We need not be afraid when we stand on the authority of God’s Word. We are not alone:
- “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Hebrews 13:5)
- “Do not be afraid, for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God.” (Isaiah 41:10)
We are not helpless:
- “It is written, ‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, every knee shall bend before me; every tongue shall give praise to God.'” (Romans 14:11)
We are not powerless: `”The LORD is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation… A day in Your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere… The joy of the LORD is your strength.” (Psalm 27:1-4). Our words have power when we stand on His word.
If you need help to overcome fear and become bolder, use these prayers for boldness. Also, remember that you are not alone in your fears. Look at all of the biblical characters who experienced fear, as well as God’s encouragement and His promises to give them courage.