MFM Daily Devotional October 30 2022
THEME: How To Find The Will Of God (IV)
SCRIPTURE: “Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellors they are established.” – Proverbs 15:22
God sometimes reveal His will through visions. A vision is when God flashes a picture in your mind’s eye. Prophet Ezekiel said that the heaven opened and he saw the visions of God. This marked a turning point in his life (Ezekiel 1:1). Also in Numbers 12:6, the Almighty said, “I the Lord will make myself known unto him in a vision.” Hosea 12:10 affirms that God multiplies visions to instruct His people, and in Joel 2:28 God promised to “pour His Spirit and young men shall see visions.” In Acts 10:9-11, Peter fell into a trance and saw heaven opened. Through God-given visions and trances people still receive God’s instruction and will today.
Similarly, God sometimes reveals His will through prophecy and revelations. Prophecy has to do with God speaking through you, or to your heart. God spoke to Elijah in a still small voice (1 Kings 19:12). He told Jeremiah, “Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth” (Jeremiah 1:9). He said to Ezekiel, “All my words that I shall speak unto thee receive in thine heart, and hear with thine ears” (Ezekiel 3:10) and “I will open thy mouth, and thou shalt say unto them” (Ezekiel 3:27). In Luke 2:26, the Bible affirms that it was revealed by the Holy Spirit to Simeon that he would not see death before he had seen Jesus. 1 Corinthians 12:28 also reveals that God has set some prophets in the church.
In addition, God sometimes reveals His will through godly counsel. Believers and unbelievers alike can know the will of God for their lives by going for counselling with others who know God and His word well. Such persons, male and female, are vessels that God has trained, equipped and set apart for the counselling ministry. Christian counsellors have been huge blessings to the Church. That is why the Bible says “in the multitude of counsellors, there is safety” (Proverbs 11:14). It also affirms that in the multitude of counsellors a purpose is established (Proverbs 15:22) and that every purpose is established by counsel (Proverbs 20:18).
Beloved, do not reject godly counsel. Use the word of God to test and ensure the validity of your dreams, visions and counsels you receive. If any of them contradicts God’s word, you should reject it.
- The grace to receive God’s instructions and guidance through vision, fall upon me now, in the name of Jesus
- Father, give me the spirit of revelation in the knowledge of You and Your will, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let the eyes of my understanding be opened to know and do Your will, in the name of Jesus.
- I shall not live without divine counsel and godly counsellors, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, give me the spirit of discernment, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, make me Your prophet and mouthpiece in these last days, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, open my heavens and give me a life-changing encounter, in the name of Jesus.