MFM Daily Devotional October 25 2022
THEME: Fruit Of The Spirit: Meekness (I)
SCRIPTURE: – Matthew 11:29 “Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.”
It seems to me, on a very strong note, that many Christians are yet to come to terms with the fact that Christianity is a call to transformed character, attitude, dispositions and habits. For anyone to claim any relationship with Jesus Christ, such a person must put on the garment of meekness as a necessity.
Meekness has been portrayed to be one of the vital fruit of the Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit inside a person that propagates this fruit of meekness. What is meekness? It is the act of controlled power. From the ancient Greek tradition, it is like a ferocious male horse whose power is restrained by applying bits and briddle. Meekness is highly related to humility, gentleness, mildness and restraint. It means you have the ability to put your influence, authority, connection and power under control. You have the power to do something according to the dictates of your human nature but you decide to submit to the leading of the voice of the Spirit within you as a believer.
Meekness is also submission to authority and the people the Lord has placed over you in every sphere of life. We are in a world today where many people including believers are becoming so unruly, disrespectful and unteachable. Such people can claim to be anything in the Kingdom of God but without the fruit of meekness in their lives, they are far from Jesus Christ. Hope you have meekness in your life.
- Powers attacking the life of Christ in my life, die by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- My life, reject the garment of powerlessness, in the name of Jesus.
- Battles in my foundation dimming the light of my glory, scatter, in the name of Jesus.
- Mockers of my destiny, die by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, arise and destroy my oppressors, in the name of Jesus.
- I reject disgrace, in the name of Jesus.
- My spirit man, receive the power of meekness, in the name of Jesus.