MFM Daily Devotional October 22 2022
THEME: Biblical Examples Of Men That Walked In The Spirit: Joshua
SCRIPTURE: – Joshua 24:15 “And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
Joshua was firm on his decision about God. If you carefully study the life of Joshua, you will notice that he had a very deep passion for God. He would always follow Moses to the mountain and wait beneath for him. Even when he was sent as one of the spies and truly saw that the people that possessed the land were giants, he believed the God of Israel to give them the land. After the death of Moses, he in no way failed to continue in the laws and commandments handed down to him. He led the people in the fear of God. He had a relationship with God. He was a faithful disciple to Moses.
Joshua was a fighter. He built his faith and courage on the book of the law as the Lord instructed him to. He was probably afraid to continue from where Moses stopped because he had carefully observed the children of Israel, and knew that they were a tough people to lead, therefore God told him to always study and meditate and speak His word, day and night. The Lord also told him that He would be with him as He was with Moses. Joshua believed God, and went in the strength of God’s word and prospered in his ministry.
The lessons we must learn from the life of Joshua are as follows:
- He served his master humbly and faithfully.
- He believed God’s instruction and obeyed them.
- He was a prayer warrior.
- He led God’s people according to the laws of God.
- He loved the presence of the Lord.
- He was a mighty man of valour.
- He stood firm on the side of the Lord.
Dear reader, what about you? Are you a Joshua in your generation? In the midst of your peers, are you a Joshua? Are you faithfully committed to the leader God has placed over you? Would you rather be in the midst of unbelievers or in the presence of the Most High? Are you complaining or are You gaining the grounds that the Lord has given you to possess? These men had like passion as you and I, but they made their mark. Let us follow these good examples so that the destinies attached to ours will arise, shine and give glory to God because of us.
- O God, arise and destroy every demonic embargo keeping my head on the ground, in the name of Jesus.
- O God of Elijah, bury every power from my place of birth that has vowed that my life will never manifest God’s greatness, in the name of Jesus.
- The gift of God in me that has been made dormant, receive the resurrection power of Jesus Christ and come alive now, in the name of Jesus.
- Grace to serve my leaders faithfully and humbly, come upon me, in the name of Jesus.
- Arrows of the wicked fired to hinder my glory from manifesting, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
- Power to possess my Promise Land, enter me now, in the name of Jesus.
- I confess Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour all the days of my life, in the name of Jesus.