MFM Daily Devotional October 16 2022
THEME: The New Way Of Life (II)
SCRIPTURE: – 2 Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”
Yesterday, we established the biblical truth that mankind fell and died spiritually in the first Adam, but the last Adam, Jesus Christ, was a quickening, life-giving spirit, restoring the dead to life. We also revealed that the best way to follow His new way of life is for you to accept Him as Lord and Saviour and give His Spirit pre-eminence in your life. It is then that the Spirit of God will help you to live the new and Christ-centred way of life. Let us examine some of the features and demands of the new way of life.
The first feature of the new life in Christ is love that is unconditional and without deception -the God kind of love. The Bible says that God is love and whoever does not love does not know God. The truth is that the carnal and old Adam nature cannot love unconditionally and perfectly. This grace is only available through Christ (the last Adam) and His Spirit.
Leviticus 24:19-22 says, “And whoever causes an injury to a neighbor must receive the same kind of injury in return: Broken bone for broken bone, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. Anyone who injures another person must be injured in the same way in return. Whoever kills another person’s animal must give that person another animal to take its place. But whoever kills another person must be put to death. “The law will be the same for the foreigner as for those from your own country. I am the Lord your God” (NKJV). This Old Testament law and way of life was replaced by Christ’s new and better way of life founded on love. The law, as contained in the foregoing Bible reference, encourages an aggrieved person to always seek revenge and redress. It does not promote kindness, brotherly love, unity and peace, all of which foster good human relation, orderly society and progress. In place of this, Jesus emphasised the need for love, kindness, compassion and forgiveness.
Beloved, have you truly become a new creature and old things have passed away? Revenge, hatred, unforgiveness are “old things” should be purged out of your life. The “eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth” principle should be replaced by genuine and consistent demonstration of Christ’s kind of love, forgiveness and goodness!
- Father, I thank You for the gift of Your Son, Jesus Christ, the last Adam and Quickening Spirit, in the name of Jesus.
- I receive the grace to always live a Christ-centred life, in the name of Jesus.
- I move from the life of vengeance to the life of love and forgiveness, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, make me an apostle of peace and unity, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, in my life, let old things pass away and let all things become new, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, make me a true ambassador of Jesus on earth, in the name of Jesus.
- I purge all ungodly thoughts and deeds out of my life, in the name of Jesus.