The theme for MFM Daily Devotional January 27 2023 is ”When God Fights For You (II)”
Here is today’s MFM daily devotional designed for your today’s spiritual refreshment. Kindly read today’s teaching by Dr DK Olukoya, meditate on the word of God and endeavour to act in accordance with them. As you start your day with God through his word, may he go before you to perfect all you have to do today.
Read MFM Daily Devotional January 27 2023.
SCRIPTURE: God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” – Psalms 46:1
God is the Defender of His people. Therefore, when He fights for you, your victory is sure. The Bible is full of many of such instances. Today, let us see God fighting for His children using another strategy.
In today’s Fire Scripture, God instructed King Jehoshaphat to ask his people to proceed to war. However, the arrangement was strange and contrary to human battle strategies. Awesome God! He asked that singers go before the warriors. What an awkward way to arrange the army for battle! Here is another instance to show that it does not matter how awkward, strange or unfamiliar the word of the Lord sounds, you must obey (v 20). He is the Alpha and Omega! He knows the end from the beginning.
Mysteriously, while the singers went on singing, God Himself laid ambush for the enemies. Beyond human reasoning, the enemies “helped to destroy one another.” Two groups were against one, and later, the two against themselves. The children of Judah did not fight at all. It was God that fought on their behalf. They were not just victorious, but spent three days in taking the spoils. Amazing! This could only be God! I decree upon your life that your enemies shall destroy themselves by the power of the Almighty, in the name of Jesus.
In the book of Acts12:10-17, God assigned an angel to bring Peter out of jail. The angel of the Lord didn’t have to struggle with the security system or the soldiers. God has the key that locks and unlocks! Even the doors opened to them of their own accord! No power could stop them! God shall send you angelic assistance to provoke your deliverance, in the name of Jesus:
God is still in the business of fighting for His children. However, God’s children must not put their hands in sin, nor dwell in iniquity, else it might look like God’s hand is too short to deliver them (Isaiah 58:1-8). Don’t trust in the arm of flesh, neither lean on your own strength. Obey God completely. Remember to call upon God in prayer as Jehoshaphat and the children of Judah did.
- Coalition of demonic powers assigned to destroy me, destroy yourselves, in the name of Jesus.
- By Your Name JAH, O God, let my enemies encounter Your wrath and anger, in the name of Jesus.
- Enemies of my peace and joy, what are you waiting for? Receive double trouble, in the name of Jesus.
- Triangular enemies, face yourselves and destroy yourselves, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers assigned to mock my God, O God, arise and put them to open shame; in the name of Jesus.
- Weapons of the enemy, fight against them and destroy them, in the name of Jesus.
- The Lord of Host and Man of war, arise and let all people know that You are my Defender, in the name of Jesus.