The theme for MFM Daily Devotional January 12 2023 is ”Restoration With Compensation (I)”
Here is today’s MFM daily devotional designed for your today’s spiritual refreshment. Kindly read today’s teaching by Dr DK Olukoya, meditate on the word of God and endeavour to act in accordance with them. As you start your day with God through his word, may he go before you to perfect all you have to do today.
Read MFM Daily Devotional January 12 2023.
SCRIPTURE: “But if he be found, he shall restore sevenfold; he shall give all the substance of his house.” – Proverbs 6:31
Our God is the God of restoration. He does not only restore; He also adds compensation or reward to what He restores. That is, He gives back more than what was stolen or taken from you.
According to our Fire Scriptures for today (1 Samuel 5:1-12), the Philistines stole the ark of God and took it from Ebenezer to their city called Ashdod. They placed the ark of God in the house of Dagon and set it beside Dagon, their idol, which was half fish and half human, representing the marine kingdom. How important was the ark to Israel? It was everything Israel had. It represented God’s presence and glory in their midst. Two Bible events will help us to underscore the importance of the ark of God to Israel. First, in 1 Samuel 4, Israel and the Philistines had gone into battle. Unfortunately, the ark of God was captured by the Philistines. When Eli heard that Israel had lost the battle and that his sons, Hophni and Phinehas had died, he was still okay and breathing. However, the moment he heard that the ark of God had been captured, he fell backward from his seat, broke his neck and died. That shows how colossal the loss of the ark of God was. Second, when Eli’s daughter-in-law, Phinehas’ wife, who was close to being delivered of a child, heard that the ark of God had been stolen and that her father-in-law and her husband were dead, she went into labour immediately and named the child Ichabod, meaning the glory is departed from Israel: for the ark of God is taken.
Beloved, I do not know what the enemy has stolen from you. I do not know how numerous and valuable the things are. However, I know there is a God who is able to restore the glory, virtues, opportunities, time, blessings, finances, achievements and any other valuable things that the enemy has stolen from you. He will not only restore but will also add extra as your compensation.
- Father, I thank You because You are the God of complete restoration and all power belongs to You, in the name of Jesus.
- I paralyze the activities of spiritual robbers, parasites and devourers, in the name of Jesus.
- I recover all the blessings I have lost to the enemy, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let there be all-round restoration of my glory, in the name of Jesus.
- I pursue, overtake and recover my goods from spiritual Egyptians, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let my captured glory be recovered and restored to me by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- I receive divine restoration with compensation, by the power in the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.