The theme for MFM Daily Devotional February 2 2023 is ”How To Give Your Firstfruit Offering”
Here is today’s MFM daily devotional designed for your today’s spiritual refreshment. Kindly read today’s teaching by Dr DK Olukoya, meditate on the word of God and endeavour to act in accordance with them. As you start your day with God through his word, may he go before you to perfect all you have to do today.
Read MFM Daily Devotional February 2 2023.
SCRIPTURE: “Thou shalt not delay to offer the first of thy ripe fruits, and of thy liquors: the firstborn of thy sons shalt thou give unto me.” – Exodus 22:29.
Today, in continuation of our discourse on first fruit offering, we shall examine some of the important steps you need to take in giving your first fruit. These steps are well spelt out in the Bible. Let us examine them.
The first step is for you to pray to God, your Provider, on what He wants you to do with the money or resources He has given you, especially with regards to your first fruit. Listen to what God has to say and make sure you obey Him. You will be mightily blessed. The second step is for you to prepare what you want to give and when you want to do so. That makes you a good steward of God’s blessings. You should approach God with a generous heart. The third step is to prioritise. Giving your first fruit means you are honouring Him. You should put Him first in everything, including your finances. In Matthew 6:33, the Bible says, But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto thee.” The fourth step is to give as you have planned. That is, turn that intention to action and do not allow the enemy to dissuade you.
Your first fruit must be the best of what you have. For example, if your business is to sell clothes and you say, “I don’t know how to give the first fruit offering.” I counsel you to take the best, sell it and bring the money to church. As stated in today’s memory verse, “you shall not delay in giving your first fruit.” Doing so will be against the important principle of prioritising and putting God first.
Beloved, when we honour God with our first fruits, He will unlock unusual blessings for us in the remaining part of the year. You have planted a seed and should expect a bountiful harvest. Give a sacrificial first fruit offering to God this year and He will pour His unlimited blessings into your life and family, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I thank You for teaching me the secrets of unimaginable prosperity, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, usher me into the season of unending bountiful harvest, in the name of Jesus.
- By this offering, I break the backbone of poverty, in the name of Jesus.
- By this offering, I plug myself into the socket of uncommon favour and unimaginable achievements, in the name of Jesus.
- By this offering, I overcome demonic baskets and pockets with holes, in the name of Jesus.
- I receive the key to prosperity and access the treasures in the storehouse of God, in the name of Jesus.
- By this offering, I plug myself into the socket of total victory, in the name of Jesus.