The theme for MFM Daily Devotional December 3 2022 is ”Praise Attitude Adjustment (III)”
Here is today’s MFM daily devotional designed for your today’s spiritual refreshment. Kindly read today’s teaching by Dr DK Olukoya, meditate on the word of God and endeavour to act in accordance with them. As you start your day with God through his word, may he go before you to perfect all you have to do today.
Read MFM Daily Devotional December 3 2022.
SCRIPTURE: “But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.” – Psalms 34:1
God owns the breath in your nostrils. Without His breath or life, you are as good as the dry bones Prophet Ezekiel saw in the valley. God, your Creator, Sustainer and Nourisher, deserves your continuous praise. That is why in Psalm 148, the Psalmist called on mankind, angels, the sun, the moon, the stars, fruitful trees and all to praise their makers. Giving continuous praise to God is not an option but a duty you must daily perform.
Science reveals that a human being breathes 12-20 times in a minute and 20,000 times in a day. This wonderful work is not credited to science but to God our Creator. He truly deserves our gratitude, praise and worship.
Also, praising God should not be done hastily or haphazardly. It should be planned, deliberate and done with reverence to God. This is a part of the attitude adjustment we need. Giving God quality praise should be something we love, enjoy doing and always look forward to. We shouldn’t see it as a burden or something we are compelled to do. Do you derive joy in praising and worshipping God? If you do, you will specially create time for it and will never miss the divine appointment to pray to God and praise Him. Praise has been used to change several very unpleasant situations to pleasant ones. Praise has produced thousands of ear- tingling testimonies in the lives of believers. This is because God inhabits the praise of His children.
Arise and put Psalm 134 into action. It is a clarion call to all servants and beloved of the Lord. By this, the Psalmist meant everyone the Lord has saved, preserved and blessed as well as everyone who appreciates His goodness. Such grateful people are called to bless (praise and worship) the Lord, day and night, in their prayer closets, in the church, everywhere. How? They are to lift up their hands, use harp and timbrel and percussion instruments, etc to extol the King of kings and the Lord of lords. The Bible affirms that those who honour this call will get a great reward: the Lord that made heaven and earth will bless them out of Zion. The right attitude towards praise will bring great rewards.
- Father, I thank You because praising You brings me closer to You, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I thank You because praising You makes me to encounter Your glory and be transfigured by Your light, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, as I praise You, let all dry bones in my life come alive, in the name of Jesus.
- I praise You, my Father, because You are good and Your mercy endures forever, in the name of Jesus.
- I declare that as I do praise attitude adjustment, the glory of God will envelop my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, as I praise You, let every yoke in my life break and let every bondage melt as wax before fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I praise You for Your unparalleled faithfulness and love, in the name of Jesus.