The theme for MFM Daily Devotional April 12 2023 is ”Be A Good Imitator Of God (I)”
Here is today’s MFM daily devotional designed for your today’s spiritual refreshment. Kindly read today’s teaching by Dr DK Olukoya, meditate on the word of God and endeavour to act in accordance with them. As you start your day with God through his word, may he go before you to perfect all you have to do today.
Read MFM Daily Devotional April 12 2023.
SCRIPTURE: And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.” – Luke 10:37
In our Fire Scripture today, the first verse commands us to imitate God. How can we imitate someone that we cannot see? Job 11:7-8 tells us that we can see the mysteries of God but cannot probe the limits of the Almighty; they are higher than the heavens. Our God is love; you can be an imitator of God by living a life of love.
These days, most of our children live a life that is filled with fear. The main reason our children live in fear is because we parents live in fear. We have never learned to cast out fear by trusting completely in the love of God. So our children never learn to do it better. In other words, we cannot pass on to our children what we do not possess ourselves. This is why we cannot live one way and tell our children to live another.
Children are great natural learners and they learn best through observation and imitation. If your words say one thing and your actions say another, your children will pick up on your actions and ignore your words. For this reason, you must be very careful to live the way you want your children to live.
The old adage, “Do as I say not as I do” is a recipe for parental failure. Your children learn much more from your actions than they do from your words, especially if your actions and words do not agree.
As a godly parent, your words and actions must go hand in hand so as to work out great effect in reproducing your godly nature and character in your children. They must be Bible-compliant.
Parenting is powerful because it shapes the mind, attitude and behaviour of your children and wards for either good or bad. Children learn their behaviour by watching and imitating people they see. Be an imitator of God and a good example to your children!
- Every demon assigned to manipulate the destiny of my children, I paralyze your power and send you back to sender, in the name of Jesus.
- Anything in my life pointing the way to hell to my children, come out and die, in the name of Jesus.
- Any of my characters that is hindering the destiny of my children, be exposed and disgraced, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Ghost fire, make the lives of my children untouchable for the evil ones, in the name of Jesus.
- Every evil voice assigned to mislead my children, I silence you by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power that does not want me to enjoy my children in my old age, die, in the name of Jesus.
- My children, hear the word of the Lord, you shall live an exemplary life, in the name of Jesus.