Dr. David Jeremiah Sermon ”Dealing With Depression : The lead pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church and the founder of Turning Point Ministry, Dr. David Jeremiah has come through with this educative and life changing sermon titled ”Dealing with depression” and it is a sermon highly recommended everyone, considering how rampant depression has become amongst humans.
According to Dr. David Jeremiah, Depression has been called “the common cold of the soul,” and Christians are no more immune to it than anyone else. Dr. David Jeremiah looks at depression as it infiltrated Job’s life of suffering.
Below are the general guidelines on how to deal with depression as a Christian:
- Acknowledge your emotions: It’s important to recognize and acknowledge the reality of depression. It is not a sign of weakness or lack of faith but rather a common human struggle. Honesty with yourself and with God is crucial.
- Seek God’s presence: Turn to God in prayer, pouring out your heart and emotions to Him. Draw near to Him, knowing that He understands your pain and is there to comfort you. Find solace in His Word and seek His guidance and strength.
- Reach out for support: Depression can be isolating, but it’s important to reach out to trusted friends, family, or members of your church community. Seek their support, understanding, and encouragement. Sometimes, professional counseling or therapy can also be beneficial.
- Embrace self-care: Take care of yourself physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Engage in activities that bring you joy, rest, and relaxation. Practice self-compassion and allow yourself to grieve, heal, and grow.
- Renew your mind: Meditate on God’s promises and truths found in the Bible. Replace negative thoughts with the truth of God’s love, grace, and faithfulness. Allow His Word to transform your thinking and bring hope and healing to your soul.
- Find purpose in serving others: Sometimes, shifting the focus from our own struggles to helping others can bring a sense of purpose and fulfillment. Engage in acts of kindness, volunteer, or participate in activities that allow you to make a positive impact on others’ lives.
Remember, dealing with depression is a journey that may require time, patience, and professional help. It’s essential to surround yourself with a supportive community and to trust in God’s love and guidance as you navigate through this challenging season.
Kindly watch this David Jeremiah Sermon ”Dealing with depression” to learn strong and effective ways of dealing with and avoiding depression and as you do so, may God bless his words in your heart and keep you from any form of or cause of depression.
Watch David Jeremiah sermon ” Dealing With Depression” Youtube
Video credit : David Jeremiah Youtube